[Mondrian] parent child hierarchies

Paul Stoellberger p.stoellberger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:10:59 EDT 2013

Because I just lost almost half a day on this:

Can we add a note in the documentation that when using parent child hierarchies and closure tables, it is mandatory to use numeric keys - otherwise the whole thing will just blow up in your face

I ended up getting arbitrary hierarchies because the order by clause etc. was actually necessary to compute a correct parent child hierarchy.
And ordering on string values seem to produce a different result than ordering numeric values.
I only changed that and suddenly my PC hierarchies work correctly.

And if thats still an issue in mondrian 4 - please add it to the book :-)

Thanks

Paul