[Mondrian] Trigger Pentaho to email a report

Simon Walter simon.walter at hokkaidotracks.com
Wed Sep 19 05:33:19 EDT 2012

Hi all, I'm new here and to Pentaho.

We have an server-side application (written in C++) that we need to
email a report from (PDF perhaps). The report would need to have some
parameters passed to it and would display different data depending on
those parameters.

I have read that Pentaho can email reports. I assume it's possible to
have this triggered from another application and have read about lots of
various possibilities (xactions, REST services, CLI, etc). I became
overwhelmed and decided to ask the experts.

What would be the most obvious or hassle free way of doing this? I am
not adverse to using URLs or CLI or REST. I don't think a C/C++ API
exists. JNI is not something I want to get into.

Looking forward to any advice.

Many thanks,

Simon