[Mondrian] olap4j-xmlaserver: Initial refactoring of Mondrian's XMLA server into its own project

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:49:32 EDT 2012

Thanks a million Julian for undertaking this.

Let's create the olap4j organization in GitHub. Commiters can become
members of that organization. Is it free to create organizations in GitHub?
I'd be willing to chip in to cover whatever fees.

I propose that we use the package ogr.olap4j.server.xmla, which is in line
with the driver packages (ie. org.olap4j.driver.xmla).

For Maven publication, I propose that we use the organization org.olap4j
and artifact olap4j-xmla-server. We could also rename the project
repository olap4j-xmla-server. I know it sounds picky, but at least we
won't introduce unnecessary confusion, since everything will be consistent
across the board.

OK for Maven. My personal experience with Maven was a series of disasters,
but I'm willing to give it another shot. Only the crazy people do the same
thing over and over and expect a different result, right?...

Luc