[Mondrian] MonetDB: Mondrian Foodmart Loader, NUMERIC/DECIMAL, and MDX results

Brandon Jackson usbrandon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:32:52 EDT 2012

This is a screenshot from SquirrelSQL showing the Key IDs with a type of
"INT" and the columns used as measures using "DECIMAL".
http://www.screencast.com/t/YenHXOnbz

In case it is helpful, here was the command I issued to get foodmart to
load.

java -cp
"/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/monetdb-jdbc-2.5.jar:/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/eigenbase-xom-1.3.0.11999.jar:/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/eigenbase-resgen-1.3.0.11873.jar:/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/eigenbase-properties-1.1.0.10924.jar:/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/mondrian-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar:/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.14.jar:/Users/bjackson/saiku/saiku-server/tomcat/webapps/saiku/WEB-INF/lib/olap4j-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar"
mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader -verbose -tables -data
-jdbcDrivers=nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetDriver
-inputFile="/Users/bjackson/Desktop/AmbientBI/mondrian-3.4.1/demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql"
-outputJdbcURL="jdbc:monetdb://localhost/foodmart" -outputJdbcUser=monetdb
-outputJdbcPassword=monetdb

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Luc Boudreau <lucboudreau at gmail.com> wrote:

> It could be that MonetDB returns a type for the cell columns that Mondrian
> doesn't expect or wrongfully maps to a different datatype. By setting it
> manually, you are forcing Mondrian to use a specific datatype and thus
> bypass the problem.
>
> We don't have a dialect specific to MonetDB. We might have to create one,
> but

data types are not handled by the dialects.