[Mondrian] Mondrian 4 cleanups

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Oct 9 01:09:49 EDT 2012

On Oct 8, 2012, at 6:19 PM, Jonathan Rand <rand.jc at gmail.com<mailto:rand.jc at gmail.com>> wrote:

I'm curious, was ANTLR considered for Mondrian?  I don't know enough to say one parser is better than the other but the project I'm working on uses ANTLR and we're generally happy with it. As I said, not suggesting a change, just interested in hearing other experiences.

I didn't seriously consider using ANTLR. I was familiar with JavaCC from a couple of other projects and knew that I could move from JavaCUP to JavaCC in a couple of days. I am happy with JavaCC's grammar, action syntax, conflict resolution, lexing support, runtime environment, error-reporting, performance and especially its lack of a runtime library. I didn't feel the need to look elsewhere.