[Mondrian] Mondrian 4 cleanups

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sun Oct 7 15:48:28 EDT 2012

I've been doing some cleanup recently in the lagunitas (mondrian-4) branch in preparation for the beta code release:

 *   Obsolete Derby (and the mondrian-embedded distro).
 *   Rename NewFoodMart.xml (version 4 format) to FoodMart.mondrian.xml.
 *   Rename FoodMart.xml (version 3 format) to FoodMart3.mondrian.xml.
 *   In examples and scripts, make the default database MySQL (jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart) instead of MS Access.
 *   Remove JPivot and mondrian.war.
 *   Obsolete the JavaCUP-based parser. (We've been using a JavaCC-based parser for some time.)
 *   Remove Schema Workbench (and dependencies on pentaho-xul and kettle-core JARs).

I often think that software engineering is very similar to gardening, and every gardener knows you have to prune and re-pot.