[Mondrian] Annotations

Roland Bouman roland.bouman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:22:40 EDT 2012

Hi Julian,

thanks! I was aware of this attribute, but I never realized it could
be used in this way. For instance, the documentation:

http://mondrian.pentaho.com/documentation/xml_schema.php#Dimension

reads:

"
type	String	none	 The dimension's type may be one of "Standard" or
"Time". A time dimension will allow the use of the MDX time functions
(WTD, YTD, QTD, etc.). Use a standard dimension if the dimension is
not a time-related dimension. The default value is "Standard".
"

"Time" is among the types cited in the specs, but Standard is not. I
take it "Standard" has the same semantics as the "Unknown" value cited
in the standards?
Does mondrian care about the value in the type attribute (except for
the special case of "Time") ?
If not, would you like me to create a Jira case to have this addressed
in the documentation?