[Mondrian] mondrian lagunitas, foodmart, hsqldb & NewFoodMart

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Oct 3 18:28:27 EDT 2012

On Oct 3, 2012, at 7:59 AM, Michele Rossi <michele.rossi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of questions on the FoodMart test database and the new mondrian lagunitas.
>
> 1. I don't see FoodMartCreateData.sql in the demo folder but it's present in the 3.5 branch.
> Does this mean that things have changed in lagunitas and the old foodmart isn't good anymore?
> Or was it simply left behind when the code was branched?

I removed the demo data from the source code base a month or two ago. Demo data is large, we'd like to share it with other projects (e.g. olap4j), and we'd like to be able to add data sets without increasing the size of the source distro, so it made sense to make it into a library (jar file) and store that library in the maven repo. You will see that ivy.xml has references to mondrian-data-foodmart and similar components.

You can load foodmart using the loader as before. See mondrian/bin/loadFoodMart.sh for examples.

> 2. Does mondrian lagunitas still have support for hsqldb, specifically for version 2.2.9?
> I am asking because there is no hsqldb folder under /demo but there are folders for derby and mysql.

Yes. You should be able to use the loader to load from mondrian-data-foodmart into hsqldb.

> As I have adopted the new olap4j-xmlaserver I also had to try to take the new mondrian branch for my integration tests as I was getting errors due to the fact that the old mondrian build was somehow loading classes such as XmlaUtil from xmlaserver rather than from its own jar.

There should be only one copy of each class. In particular, XmlaUtil is now in xmlaserver and is gone from mondrian. Make sure you do a thorough clean of mondrian, including any old generated .class files.