[Mondrian] mondrian lagunitas: class cast exception on mondrian.rolap.ScenarioImpl.forMember(RolapMember)

Michele Rossi michele.rossi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 04:33:58 EDT 2012

hi,
I am trying to upgrade our system to use mondrian-lagunitas and I am
getting the exception below

SEVERE: Exception [java.lang.ClassCastException:
mondrian.rolap.RolapBaseCubeMeasure cannot be cast to
mondrian.rolap.RolapCalculatedMember] while trying to invoke function
[OLAP_METADATA]
java.lang.ClassCastException: mondrian.rolap.RolapBaseCubeMeasure cannot be
cast to mondrian.rolap.RolapCalculatedMember
at mondrian.rolap.ScenarioImpl.forMember(ScenarioImpl.java:178)
 at
mondrian.rolap.RolapMemberBase.getPropertyValue(RolapMemberBase.java:428)
at mondrian.rolap.RolapMemberBase.getPropertyValue(RolapMemberBase.java:316)
 at
mondrian.rolap.DelegatingRolapMember.getPropertyValue(DelegatingRolapMember.java:117)
at
mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jMember.getPropertyValue(MondrianOlap4jMember.java:161)

Method  mondrian.rolap.ScenarioImpl.forMember(RolapMember) assumes that the
RolapMember is a RolapCalculatedMember while in this case it is a
RolapBaseCubeMeasure.
I've attached an eclipse screenshot that might be useful.

[image: Inline images 1]

I am running mondrian against a fairly old Foodmart database, not the one
that comes with the current Lagunitas build.
Could this be the reason?

If anyone on the list knows how to fix this rapidly please let me know and
I will try to help.

thanks,
Michele