[Mondrian] mondrian & xmlaserver

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Oct 2 10:36:00 EDT 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 1:48 AM, Michele Rossi <michele.rossi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed that Luc has recently committed changes to a number of classes of the XMLA Servlet in mondrian.
>
> Now that Julian has split out the xmla support from mondrian and into olap4j-xmlaserver wouldn't it make sense to remove those classes from the mondrian build?
>
> The risk at the moment is that changes to xmla committed to mondrian are lost in the olap4j-xmlaserver or the other way around.

Michele,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have only removed xmlaserver from the lagunitas branch (mondrian-4.0), not from earlier branches such as master. This should be a declining problem, as mondrian-4 has just gone beta, and everything except serious issues will be fixed there.

Luc,

When you fix things on master branch, I think you need to mirror your changes in olap4j-xmlaserver. I'm pretty sure you planned to do this anyway.