[Mondrian] Mondrian System Limitations

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Nov 27 21:09:34 EST 2012

There are no hard limits to the number of cubes, dimensions, hierarchies, members etc., other than available memory and maybe the size of a Java list or array (2 ^ 31). Obviously nothing is for free, so all else being equal, a large schema will be slower than a small one. But Mondrian is designed to degrade gracefully.

Julian