[Mondrian] Mondrian System Limitations

Taylor Curro patriotsfan1236 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:42:43 EST 2012

Good Afternoon Julian-

I was wondering if you could answer a quick thought I have been trying to
figure out.  I saw online a comparison of OLAP servers and some of the
servers list out their system limits (number of cubes, measures,
dimensions, hierarchies in dimension, levels in hierarchy, and dimension
members) and could not seem to find any information regarding the Mondrian
OLAP server.

I have been focusing primarily on the system limits for the number of
measures and dimensions (though I am trying to figure out all areas listed
above), since cubes could be scaled-out since they do not interact with
each other (correct me if I'm wrong).  I am trying to see how complex the
data can be when it comes to dimensions and cardinality to prevent scale
problems.  I was wondering if you could provide any guidance/insight into
this topic?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

-Taylor
patriotsfan1236 at gmail.com