[Mondrian] deterioration execution time 3.3 vs latest version

Paul Stoellberger p.stoellberger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:21:30 EST 2012

Over the past few weeks I got more and more user complaints how the query execution time is getting worse in the last mondrian versions.
Queries that took 10 seconds in 3.3 are now up to 5 minutes in 3.4. / TRUNK-SNAPSHOT. (see example below)
It seems like one reason (doubt its the only one) is an increase of sql queries executed.

Are you aware of that?
Is there anything in the test suite that checks for a significant performance increase like that?

Do you know what could be causing this increase in SQL queries?

We are trying to come up with a foodmart test case, but its quite hard to come up with a good example to test it properly.

Dejan (not sure if he is on that list) provided me with an example:

select NON EMPTY Crossjoin([tvrtka.tvrtke].[SVI KORISNICI].Children, {[Measures].[Priljev], [Measures].[Odljev]}) ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY Crossjoin(Order([period].[SVI PERIODI].Children,[period].CurrentMember.Name,DESC), Crossjoin([transakcija.transakcije].[SVE TRANSAKCIJE].Children, [sudionik.sudionici].[SVI SUDIONICI].Children)) ON ROWS from [likvidnost1]

Doesn't look that complicated, so I'm not sure whats causing this.

-Paul