[Mondrian] Saiku plugin has old Mondrian 4

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Nov 2 19:47:27 EDT 2012

On Nov 2, 2012, at 4:34 PM, William Back <wback at pentaho.com> wrote:

> I also realized that the FoodMart schema doesn't use the <Query>, so it won't test this case.  Is this something that should be added, or is the better approach to get an adventure works schema that uses a Query?

It used to be a goal that the FoodMart schema should illustrate every possible feature. But the net result was that it filled up with junk, and it wasn't representative of a "typical" or "well-designed" schema.

Query is a "get out of jail" feature, and won't appear in many well-designed schemas except as a short-term measure. As such I don't think I want it to appear in FoodMart. Or AdventureWorks for that matter.

We could have a variant of each that is used for testing purposes.