[Mondrian] Saiku plugin has old Mondrian 4

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Nov 2 15:36:11 EDT 2012

On Nov 2, 2012, at 8:39 AM, William Back <wback at pentaho.com> wrote:

> The plug-in now appears to be picking up the latest Mondrian, but it won't register with the following exception:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mondrian.xmla.XmlaHandler$XmlaExtra
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>
> This class is found in the olap4j-xmlaserver.jar.

Yes, olap4j-xmlaserver.jar is now needed if you want to run Mondrian's XMLA server. It should be on Pentaho's classpath (but maybe it isn't currently).

> After deploying that jar as well I get the following exception:
>
> Caused by: org.eigenbase.xom.XOMException: In Schema: In PhysicalSchema: In Query: No constructor taking class DOMWrapper could be found in class mondrian.olap.MondrianDef$QueryElement
> 	at mondrian.olap.MondrianDef$Schema.<init>(MondrianDef.java:264)

Strange. Maybe you have a <QueryElement> somewhere in your schema? (You shouldn't have -- it is an "interface", which means an abstract "base class" for several XML elements like ExpressionView and Key. It is not a legal element in a Mondrian schema file.)