[Mondrian] Mondrian is moving to Github

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Mar 14 13:14:20 EDT 2012

On Mar 14, 2012, at 7:08 AM, Patrick Leckey wrote:

Just curious why it's going under your personal account instead of an "Organization".

For example, olap4php on GitHub is registered under my "pleckey" account, but the URL is github.com/olap4php<http://github.com/olap4php> because I created the repo as an "Organization".  It's how GitHub suggests doing it for an open-source collaborative project, as you can then still keep any of your own personal projects out of the Mondrian light.  Organization accounts are also still free for FOSS projects.

If this is the way you planned it cool, not trying to be snippy (I'm told I often come off that way, sorry).  Just been using GitHub a long time and have seen big projects under personal accounts get messy and hard to promote when they're alongside "Personal Website" and projects like that in the same stream.

Just my ignorance of how people tend to do things on github.

The project will be under the pentaho organization, https://github.com/pentaho. I'll send out the repo URL when I have one.

Many thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know if you're being snippy. :)