[Mondrian] Mondrian is moving to Github

Patrick Leckey patl at seewind.com
Wed Mar 14 10:08:32 EDT 2012

Julian,

Just curious why it's going under your personal account instead of an "Organization".

For example, olap4php on GitHub is registered under my "pleckey" account, but the URL is github.com/olap4php because I created the repo as an "Organization".  It's how GitHub suggests doing it for an open-source collaborative project, as you can then still keep any of your own personal projects out of the Mondrian light.  Organization accounts are also still free for FOSS projects.

If this is the way you planned it cool, not trying to be snippy (I'm told I often come off that way, sorry).  Just been using GitHub a long time and have seen big projects under personal accounts get messy and hard to promote when they're alongside "Personal Website" and projects like that in the same stream.

Thanks,
Pat