[Mondrian] Updated buildOnJdk.sh

patl at seewind.com patl at seewind.com
Thu Mar 8 22:42:51 EST 2012

Julian,

It works with a JAVA_HOME_1X passed in.

I can certainly understand your point.  Since you are talking about
links though, I would suggest you add a note/comment for CentOS/RHEL.
Since CentOS 5 (RHEL5) doesn't ship an Ant release higher than 1.4.x,
the "accepted" solution to get Ant 1.7.x is to use the JPP 5.0 repos.
Unfortunately the maintained version of Ant in the JPP repos does not
properly resolve symlinks (supposedly by design for one of their
supported platforms), so you will need to set JAVA_HOME_1X to the
actual path, without symlinks, to the JDK or the build will fail with
the standard ant.Launcher ClassNotFound exception.

CentOS/RHEL 6 ship with a supported Ant 1.7.x version that seems to
handle the symlinks properly, in that it resolves the path, but if you
use a symlinked path it add /jre to the end of the path automatically.
  If you set the actual path (like in CentOS 5) it works, and doesn't
add /jre to the path.  I have no clue why, still looking into this one.

So in both cases you need to set the JAVA_HOME_1X to the full actual
path, not symlinks.  Hopefully I'll get the CentOS 6 issue figured out
tomorrow.  Just good to note for people building on CentOS/RHEL 5/6.

Thanks,
Pat