[Mondrian] Updated buildOnJdk.sh

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Mar 8 18:35:45 EST 2012

Pat,

Thanks for the patch. However, even though that change works, I'd rather not incorporate it. My goal is that buildOnJdk is simple and not frightening to developers who just want to build the code. Anyone who is technical enough to be installing multiple JDKs and doing releases is technical enough to be editing that file. Or creating links in /usr/lib/jvm.

(In retrospect, I should not have added the "Darwin" case either. I build on MacOS, but use some JDKs that are not blessed by apple, so the /usr/lib/jvm approach actually works better.)

When you say "the defaults fail". Hopefully it uses the JAVA_HOME passed in, and successfully builds for that one JDK version. If that's not the case, I'd consider that a bug.

Julian