[Mondrian] Mondrian SQL queries

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:48:34 EST 2012

Lucia,

Please use Mondrian's mailing list for such questions.

Mondrian is an OLAP engine. Mondrian is quite chatty as you issue your
first queries, but it is smart enough to remember the internal
structure of your OLAP cubes. As each instance of Mondrian answers
queries, the required amount of SQL queries diminishes to the point
where most queries can be answered without issuing any SQL at all.
Depending on your BI environment, you might want to configure it to
re-use connections or manage the Mondrian instance directly through
the API. Most people deploy Mondrian inside of an application
container, like Tomcat or Glassfish. We have documented the process of
deploying Mondrian here:

http://mondrian.pentaho.com/documentation/installation.php#5_2_Configure_XmlaServlet_in_your_web.xml

Hope this helps!

Luc