[Mondrian] Testing Dialects

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Mar 7 16:30:53 EST 2012

1. Be careful.

2. Test on as many dialects as  you can.

3. Add a test (in DialectTest) for each assumption you make about a dialect. (Read DialectTest, and you'll understand what I mean.)

4. If it's a potentially breaking change, inform mondrian dev list of the change and ask them to run the suite on the database that they care about.

Julian