[Mondrian] setRole should allow a list to be passed

Paul Stoellberger p.stoellberger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:10:17 EDT 2012

So I know we've talked about this before. the XmlaOlap4jConnection allows setRole to be a comma separated list, mondrian's connection parameter Role= allows it to be a list, so I think MondrianOlap4jConnection should do too.

Julian, you said you wanted something like setRoles(List<String> roleList), which would be fine too by me
But this should be added to the olap4j API and mondrian, which would break the API compatibility and we might dont want to do that at the moment!?

So for now i've created this: https://github.com/pentaho/mondrian/pull/8

This prevents saiku to really share the same mondrian instance as the biserver and is therefore a blocker for Pedro, hence my moving forward with this.
At the moment I have a helper class in a pseudo package org.olap4j to circumvent this problem (same code as in my pull request), but that won't work in the biserver for various reasons.

What do you say?

-Paul