[Mondrian] mondrian: XMLAException and Olap4j

Michele Rossi michele.rossi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:52:49 EDT 2012

hi,
Mondrian's DefaultXmlaServlet treats exceptions mondrian.xmla.XmlaException
in a special way using information present in that exception to return an
XMLA complaint error message.

We are using mondrian's XMLA support with our own Olap4j driver and the
problem is that the only way we have to generate meaningful Xmla error

This is not ideal as it forces us to depend on the whole mondrian package
just for that XMLAException class.

As XMLA and Olap4j are intimately related I suggest that we extend the
Olap4jException class with info such as the faultCode, code, faultString.
We could then modify mondrian.xmla.impl.DefaultXmlaServlet to handle
Olap4jException as well the XmlaException as it does currently.

I also suggest bringing class XmlaConstants in the Olap4j package, perhaps
in its Xmla support sub-package.

I understand that this is not the Olap4j development list but I am hoping
to find several Olap4j contributors here too.
If so could you kindly forward this message on to the relevant list too?

Many thanks,
Michele Rossi