[Mondrian] XMLaServlet

Jean-Francois Croteau jfcroteau at 8d.com
Thu Feb 9 08:52:04 EST 2012

Thank you for those information. But I still don't get something. I'm not using a web.xml, I'm using a Jetty embedded server. And with version 3.2.1, I could easily do that kind of code:

DataSources dataSources = new DataSourcesConfig.DataSources();
DataSourcesConfig.DataSource[] dataSourcesArray = new DataSourcesConfig.DataSource[1];
dataSources.dataSources = dataSourcesArray;

DataSourcesConfig.DataSource ds = new DataSourcesConfig.DataSource();
dataSourcesArray[0] = ds;

ds.name = "Provider=Mondrian;DataSource=" + cubeDefinition.getCubeName() + ";";
ds.description = cubeDefinition.getCubeDescription();
ds.url = mondrianExternalURL;
ds.dataSourceInfo = "Provider=Mondrian; Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://" + dbConfig.getConnectionInfo().getHostName() + ":" + dbConfig.getConnectionInfo().getPort() + "/"
		+ dbConfig.getConnectionInfo().getDatabase() + "?user=" + dbConfig.getConnectionInfo().getUsername() + "&password=" + dbConfig.getConnectionInfo().getPassword()
		+ "; JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver";
ds.providerName = "Mondrian";
// The two following configs are currently ignored by mondrian since it only supports those values by default.
ds.providerType = DataSourcesConfig.DataSource.PROVIDER_TYPE_MDP;
ds.authenticationMode = DataSourcesConfig.DataSource.AUTH_MODE_UNAUTHENTICATED;

ds.catalogs = new Catalogs();
Catalog[] catalogsArray = new Catalog[1];
ds.catalogs.catalogs = catalogsArray;

Catalog catalog = new DataSourcesConfig.Catalog();
catalogsArray[0] = catalog;
catalog.name = cubeDefinition.getCubeName();
catalog.definition = FtkDirectories.getConfig().getAbsolutePath() + File.separator + cubeDefinition.getCubeName() + ".xml";

addToDataSources( dataSources );

I don't know where to hook that kind of code in the new API 3.3.0... I'm looking at DefaultXmlaServlet(which was used before with 3.2.1), at MondrianXmlaServlet (which has no connection to a datasource), and can't find the right place to connect my code. Any idea?

Thank you.

Jean-Francois Croteau
jfcroteau at 8D.com