[Mondrian] Sharing mondrian cache (in pentaho and not only)

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Dec 14 16:19:02 EST 2012

On Dec 14, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Pedro Alves <pmgalves at gmail.com> wrote:

> In case it's relevant to anyone, wrote a blog post on the subject of
> cache sharing, an effort done by the mondrian team for mondrian 3.5.0:
>
> http://pedroalves-bi.blogspot.com/2012/12/sharing-mondrian-cache-in-pentaho.html

Good to have this written up... lest we should forget how complex this problem was.

(Even though my role in it is as a**hole-in-chief. Someone's got to say 'no', right?)

It's worth mentioning that, in addition to enabling sharing between components attached to the same Pentaho server instance, JdbcConnectionUuid will allow sharing of cached data within a cluster. Most of the proposals that involved new SPIs would have struggled with that.