[Mondrian] Annoying git "Merge branch …" commits

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Dec 3 13:34:05 EST 2012

I just checked in a one line change to ivy.xml, and the previous commit (by Kurt I presume) was turned into "Merge branch 'lagunitas' of github.com:pentaho/mondrian into lagunitas<https://github.com/pentaho/mondrian/commit/66362601c5db5648e9b10b63d5c328910fd04b85>", apparently authored by me. (See the commits on Dec 3 at https://github.com/pentaho/mondrian/commits/lagunitas.)

I don't want Kurt's work to appear to be authored by me, and with a generic "Merge ..." comment. Can any git expert out there tell me what I did wrong? And what I should do differently next time?