[Mondrian] Degenerate dimensions and Aggregate tables

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Aug 23 13:35:08 EDT 2012

> On Thu 23 Aug 2012 05:47:22 PM WEST, Pedro Salgueiro wrote:
>>
>> The cube we are using contains a very simple degenerate dimension
>> which only have a single level. We are using this degenerate dimension
>> in all our queries and it's not practical to create a fact table for
>> this dimension since it would be hard to maintain.

Does not compute. You can maintain an agg table but not a dimension table? Why not make the dimension table a view on the agg table?

On Aug 23, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Pedro Alves <pmgalves at gmail.com> wrote:

> Afaik, that issue still holds

I believe so, too.

Vote for the jira case.

Workaround to try: Create a real dimension table (which will have a small number of rows). Consider using a junk dimension -- I haven't tried these, though.