[Mondrian] Integrating Mondrian and hive

Hongwei fuhongwei141 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:23:01 EDT 2011

Hello developers,
I finally managed to make hive work with Mondrian together. When I first started the project, I didn't expect it to be too long, but it dragged on for almost a year(I only work on it at weekends etc). Here it is!  I put it on an amazon ec2 instance. http://174.129.229.26:8080/mondrian

You can see the speed is definitely not for thought time analysis(believe it or not, I've speeded it up by a factor of 10), I think I can still speed it up somehow, but the point is it should scale really well when dealing with big data.

There are still some bugs. The role still doesn't work. I'm still working on it. I'll get you updated.

Thanks!
Hongwei