[Mondrian] Adding calculated member to non-measure dim not working as expected

Pedro Alves pmgalves at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 06:49:12 EDT 2011

Afaik your conclusion is correct. + 1 on that feature, would be extremely useful

-pedro

Andy Grohe <agrohe21 at gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to add a calculated member representing the aggregate of all children in a level

with member [Markets].[Territory].[Andy] as 'Aggregate([Markets].[All Markets].Children)'
select NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Quantity]} ON COLUMNS,
  [Markets].[Territory].Allmembers ON ROWS
from [SteelWheelsSales]

If I run that in JPivot, the Andy measure is assigned to a new hierarchy.

I see

   Measures Full Quantity

#null

APAC

12,878

EMEA

49,578

Japan

4,923

NA

37,952

But I would want to see the Andy member alongside the Children.

I can only get it to display when specifically called out like so.

with member [Markets.Full].[Andy] as 'Aggregate([Markets.Full].[All Markets].Children)'
select NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Quantity]} ON COLUMNS,
  {[Markets.Full].[Andy], [Markets].[All Markets].Children} ON ROWS
from [SteelWheelsSales]

It also appears that mondrian does not let you add members at other levels other than the root level.  Is this correct?

Any ideas or thoughts on getting a calculated member on a lower level?