[Mondrian] Mondrian Performance Issue with Large Dimensions

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Mon Oct 17 11:38:28 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

We're using Pentaho BI Server 3.6 and testing Mondrian against some largish
dimensions (200m records for users for example) in Vectorwise

One of the biggest issues we've seen is that Mondrian seems to be querying
dimensions that are unused and we're unsure why, my client has come up with
a example that you might be able to shed some light on.

I've extrapolated his email and attached it to this as its easier than me
rewriting the issue. If anyone has a clue please let me know :)

Cheers

Tom