[Mondrian] Visual folder structure

Diethard Steiner diethard.steiner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:32:45 EST 2011

Hi,
Lately I hear quite some people asking about some kind of folder structure
to allow easier visual presentation of dimensions and measures (quite
similar to what the Analyzer only feature AnalyzerBusinessGroup does). The
idea is relatively simple: In the OLAP schema we should be able to define
folders and sub-folders to better categorize dimension levels and measures.
Now each client tool could come up with their own implementation and syntax
to cover this (probably not so good), so I was wondering if this could be
directly supported by Mondrian?
Any ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks,
Diethard