[Mondrian] JDK 1.7

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Nov 7 13:43:48 EST 2011

I fixed this. As of perforce change 14733, mondrian can builds on JDK 1.7; and as of svn change 479, olap4j can build on JDK 1.7.

Mondrian and olap4j can still build on JDK 1.5 and 1.6. As long as you are not building a release, you can build under your favorite JDK: 1.5, 1.6 or 1.7.

If you are building a release, you must use JDK 1.5, and you must have JDK 1.6 and 1.7 installed also. You will notice that mondrian and olap4j both have a new script buildOnJdk.sh (or buildOnJdk.bat for windows users). When building a release, the ant script calls out to this to build selected java files under JDK 1.6 and 1.7. This allows us to ship drivers that implement JDBC 3.0 (JDK 1.5), JDBC 4.0 (JDK 1.6) and JDBC 4.1 (JDK 1.7). All of the drivers are in the same jar. The driver will automatically select the right implementation at runtime.

Julian