[Mondrian] JDK 1.7

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Nov 2 12:49:19 EDT 2011

JDK 1.7 is out (see http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html), and mondrian and olap4j won't currently build.

The main problem is as for JDK 1.6, when they introduced JDBC 4.0. JDBC 4.1, introduced in JDK 1.7, has a few new methods in important interfaces, so classes that claim to implement those interfaces need to either be declared "abstract", or implement the methods (which sometimes causes other problems). It's not quite as serious, because this time the new methods don't depend on new classes.

I'm currently fixing mondrian and olap4j so that they build under JDK 1.7. (They probably already run under JDK 1.7. I haven't tried.)