[Mondrian] ClassCastException RolapMemberBase cannot be cast to RolapCubeMember

Paul Stoellberger p.stoellberger at gmail.com
Thu May 12 04:34:53 EDT 2011

I think that there are some problems when the Members of a Level are selected. So its probably related.

Occasionally I see something like this as well (olap4j trunk + mondrian trunk):

Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while executing query [select NON EMPTY {Hierarchize({[Department].[(All)].Members})} ON COLUMNS,
  NON EMPTY Crossjoin([Employees].[(All)].Members, {[Measures].[Employee Salary]}) ON ROWS
from [HR]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: mondrian.mdx.ResolvedFunCall cannot be cast to mondrian.mdx.MemberExpr
        at mondrian.rolap.sql.CrossJoinArgFactory.addConstrainingMembersToMap(CrossJoinArgFactory.java:222)
        at mondrian.rolap.sql.CrossJoinArgFactory.checkConstrainedMeasures(CrossJoinArgFactory.java:157)