[Mondrian] XML/A support in mondrian not working

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Mar 7 12:54:23 EST 2011

I am surprised that Mondrian is generating

  select count(*) from (select distinct "customer"."fullname" from
"customer" as "customer") as "init"

rather than

  select count(distinct "customer"."fullname") from "customer"

If it generated the latter I think it would work. So I think there is a bug
in Mondrian's Derby dialect (or Mondrian can't identify that it is talking
to Derby).

I confess that I've never run mondrian against a Derby instance embedded in
the jar file. You might try hypersonic and its variants (hsqldb, h2)
instead.

Julian