[Mondrian] XMLA server impact analysis

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Mar 4 17:29:02 EST 2011

I'm moving and removing some code around in the XMLA server. Now's your
chance to speak up...

Anyone using the XmlaHandler.getCatalog methods? I'd like to obsolete them.
(Most of that functionality has been moved to
mondrian.server.DynamicContentFinder.)

I'd also like to move XmlaUtil.parseDataSources to mondrian.tui.XmlaSupport.
That would mean that the mondrian.xmla package no longer has any
dependencies on the DataSourceConfig data structure (that respresents the
structure of the datasources.xml file).

And, I plan to obsolete the versions of XmlaHandler.getConnection and
XmlaHandler.ConnectionFactory.getConnetion that do not take a
java.util.Properties object.