[Mondrian] schema question

Venkatesh U venkatesh20 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 01:45:08 EDT 2011

You have got various options
1. Design the product dimension as a snowflake dimension, using join table
syntax in the schema XML(You may use schema workbench to easily edit the
schema xml files)
2. Create a view joining Product dimension and Product categories and use it
as a single dimension with 2 levels Category and Product
3. Join the tale product_categories with the Fact and create a view, use
this view as your fact table.

I would go with the second option due to its simplicity
Hope this helps.

Venki