[Mondrian] build broken

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Jul 12 13:37:46 EDT 2011

I don't think EXISTS would work. It causes semi-joins at the SQL level (i.e.
rows have to exist in the measure group's fact table), whereas you want
something that works purely at the MDX level.

Try OR:

 Filter(
  { < Set > },
  ( Ancestor(<CurrentMember>,  <AncestorLevel>) = member1
  or
  ( Ancestor(<CurrentMember>,  <AncestorLevel>) = member2
  or
   ... )

Or INTERSECT:

 Filter(
  { < Set > },
  Intersect(
    Ancestor(<CurrentMember>,  <AncestorLevel>),
    <set>).Count > 0)

Julian