[Mondrian] Dynamic roles

Brian Hagan bhagan at pentaho.com
Tue Jul 5 09:57:07 EDT 2011

Guy,

Instead of extending MDXConnection, you may want to consider using the MondrianUserSessionUserRoleListMapper (pentahoObjects.spring.xml) , which allows you to change the role of an authenticated user based upon a session variable. This technique does not require you to dynamically modify the schema. However, the role, which are you assigning to the user, must be defined in the schema. The trick is then getting the variable in the session.

Thanks,

Brian