[Mondrian] Measure visible = 'false' in schema does not hide theMeasure

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Jan 14 15:15:13 EST 2011

It's not a bug in mondrian. To mondrian, the 'visible' property is just
metadata. The measure is still available in MDX calculations and appears in
queries and metadata queries.

I question the wisdom of hiding the sole measure in your cube. Most user
interfaces reasonably expect there to be at least one visible measure. (And
they expect the default measure to be visible.)

Make sure that there is it at least one measure visible (create a dummy
measure if necessary) and then let us know if the UI works then.

Julian

  _____