[Mondrian] order of measures and hierarchize()

Paul Stoellberger p.stoellberger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 17:27:35 EST 2011

I can't blame you for staying out of that discussion :-) It's not a fun one.... and very complex too.

As far as i know SQLPower use the query model as well, at least at a very basic level. Anyone else?

A new implementation of Hierarchize() is actually not a bad idea and probably the best way to provide this functionality for now without touching the query model too much.
Although I'm not too happy with breaking compatibility with other OLAP providers.

What effect does Hierachize()  have on named sets? Would it be an option to define a Set of Measures and use that in the query, or would this result in the same behaviour?

-Paul