[Mondrian] Pentaho Aggregation Designer - Issues and Observations

Mondrian Newbie mondrian_newbie at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 23 11:43:39 EST 2011

Hello Dev Community,
                            I have 2 more observations, this time with reference
to the creation of Aggregate Tables feature of the Pentaho Enterprise 3.6
Aggregation Designer application.

I created a sample Retails Sales Cube with 3 dimensions viz " Product ;
Geography and Time " and 1 Fact Table with 2 Measures "Amount and Quantity"

The Time dimension has the Levels : Year - Quarter - Month - Day  for the
hierarchy created.

Observation 1:

When selecting the Aggregation Level for Quarter, I get the below given
Aggregation Table Structure which is not correct as the granularity over here is
at Day and the data would be grouped for [ "vw_time_day_of_month"
,"vw_time_Month" , "vw_time_Quarter" ]

CREATE TABLE "Retail_Product_Sa_1" (
    "vw_time_day_of_month" text,
    "vw_time_Month" text,
    "vw_time_Quarter" text,
    "sales_Total_Sales_Volume" DOUBLE,
    "sales_Total_Sales" DOUBLE,
    "sales_Fact_Count" INTEGER,
    "sales_fact_count" INTEGER);

I was expecting the Grain would be Quarter and the data grouped on
["vw_time_Year" ,"vw_time_Quarter" ]

Observation 2:

I am using the GreenPlum SNE version . So when I click on Execute the "Table
script created above" it fails as "DOUBLE" datatype is not supported.

Please let me know your comments on the above observations.
-------
Also I am awaiting your comments for the Jira raised a few days back :

Reference URL

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PAD-86

Request some update on this front.

Thank you