[Mondrian] Mondrian and showflake schemas

van der Werf, Guy guy.vanderwerf at wirecard.com
Tue Dec 27 03:12:35 EST 2011

Hi Aaron,

>> …I would not do snowflake if done from scratch, but this will be an inherited datamart/ODS…

Even if Mondrian doesn’t  like snowflakes, (and I cannot comment on that, sorry), if the DB has the functionality, perhaps you could “flatten” the structure back into a star with views. Just a though. Mondrian agg tables should now work too if I think about it. If you’ve built the correct agg tables, the view will (optimally) never get hit.

Hope this helps,
Guy