[Mondrian] Mondrian-4 test run

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Aug 25 16:07:12 EDT 2011

I'm pleased to have gotten the test suite to complete on the lagunitas (mondrian-4) branch for the first time. Tests were run against MySQL on JDK 1.6. The results are attached (bzipped XML file), but to summarize:

Total tests: 3041
Errors: 973
Failed: 680
Passed: 1388

Are these good results? I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy, so I think so. This is how things usually look in the middle of a big refactoring.

On that proverbial journey of a thousand miles... it helps to know how far you are from your destination, even if it seems like a long way. At least you can make sure you are getting closer every day.

Next step is to choose some of the most common errors and fix them. Hopefully we can get to 2000 passes out of 3000 fairly shortly.