[Mondrian] Evaluating an axis expression to used dimension members

Pappyn Bart Bart.Pappyn at vandewiele.com
Thu Aug 25 11:27:54 EDT 2011

I am not using olap4j for the moment, I am still using a mondrian/jpivot combination with direct connection (no xmla).

I have used the mdx parser of Mondrian, derived from it and also written a custom Validator. I also derived from ValidatorImpl, but I had to modify the Mondrian code to make this class public.

This way I am able to dynamically modify MDX with low effort (using the code of Mondrian).

It gets me halfway, since I need some information of how axes will evaluate (which members are needed).

I have tried to use Object value = axisCalc.evaluate(evaluator); to some extend it is successful, but if the query is too complex, the result is too difficult to parse.

For the moment, I see no other way than executing a query in the likes of TestContext.executeAxis(). But this always loads some cell information also…  After the mdx is generated by my piece of code, jpivot kicks in and evaluates the query. I want to prevent that the query is evaluated twice…