[Mondrian] xmla servlet

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Aug 23 12:34:21 EDT 2011

Luc,

To be clear. For perforce changes, changelist has been our preferred format for contributions. It includes the version of each file, so it is easier to merge if the contributor was working on an old snapshot of the code.

There are certainly negatives compared to 'p4 diff -du'. Since it transmits the whole file, it is a bit more work to see the diffs.

And it's difficult to merge into other branches than the one where the changes were made. But for that, we would usually apply the patch to the same branch then use p4 integrate to other branches.

We can discuss a change in policy. I just wanted to make clear what the current policy is.

Julian