[Mondrian] RolapResultShepherd

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sun Aug 14 01:14:58 EDT 2011

Luc,

Instead of RolapResultShepherd, you could have used a timer to check on the status of each execution -- thoughts on that? RolapResultShepherd is a "server process" (by which I mean an ongoing thing that consumes resources and has to be shut down and generally makes mondrian heavier weight) and I question whether we need it. But I kind of like RolapResultShepherd -- don't change it.

Quite a few errors now come out wrapped in an extra java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException (if they come through shepherdExecution). It doesn't give any extra information to the end user. Can you strip it away please?