[Mondrian] Filter option in Analysis View

sonia thomas s.thomas1 at mpstechnologies.com
Thu Aug 11 06:05:06 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I have an analysis view which displays the usage counts for all the
Institutions for the current month.

I have Region as a filter in my Cube and when I select a country for
e.g. Italy, the usage count gets modified to display the count of Italy
but it displays all the Institutions even those which are not part of Italy.

How can I show only those institutions that are part of Italy alone in
my analysis view?

There was a workaround by using the option 'Hide Empty Rows/Columns'
which will hide all the institutions which are not part of Italy and
also the institutions of Italy that have zero usage count. But the
client wants to see all the Institutions which have empty and non-empty
usage count.

Below is the MDX query, that was generated dynamically when I selected
the Region.

select {([Measures].[Usage Count], Tail(Filter([Period].[Month].Members,
(NOT IsEmpty([Period].CurrentMember))), 1.0).Item(0.0))} ON COLUMNS,
{[Account].[Institution].Children} ON ROWS
from [analysis]
where [Region].[All Regions].[Italy]

The base query that I'm using is the following.

select {([Measures].[Usage Count], Tail(Filter([Period].[Month].Members,
(NOT IsEmpty([Period].CurrentMember))), 1.0).Item(0.0))} ON COLUMNS,
{[Account].[Institution].Children} ON ROWS
from [analysis]

The client selects the region using the filter option in the Cube. How
can I make sure that whenever the client selects the Region, the
resulting analysis view displays the Institutions based on the selected
region?

--
*Regards*
*Sonia Thomas*