[Mondrian] Re: xmla security header processing

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Apr 20 18:41:09 EDT 2011

Don't change mondrian.server.Repository.getConnection; by that time, the
user should be authenticated and a role should be known.

Instead, create a method

void MondrianServer.getConnectionUnauthenticated(
 String userName,
 String password,
 String catalogName,
 String schemaName,
 Properties properties)

Note that it is like

void MondrianServer.getConnection(
    String catalogName,
    String schemaName,
    String roleName,
    Properties props);

except that 'role' is removed and 'userName' and 'password' have been added.
MondrianServer should then authenticate, and call Repository.getConnection.

If MondrianServer needs a database of usernames and passwords, and how they
map to roles, please use JAAS for that. I believe it is the standard for
such things.

Julian

  _____