[Mondrian] Re: xmla security header processing

Michele Rossi michele.rossi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:52:25 EDT 2011

hi,
as far as I know Axis is not a container but a library to create SOAP web services.

There is nothing a container can do with that security information as it's not transferred in a standard http way.

The username and password that you type in Excel when you create a new SimbaO2x connection are sent to the server in the request header xml element that I copied below.

So we either modify the xmla servlet or create an xmla callback with the same features.

Do you agree on the general principle that the client (excel) credentials should be used to open the olap4j connection?

And that the session id should be used to retrieve existing connections?
You certainly can't delegate any of these two features to the container.

thanks!
Michele

Sent from my iPhone